Trails Day Backpacking Adventure: Natchaug Trail
Sat. Jun 3
Sun. Jun 4
Join Reach Your Summit for a 2 Day/1 Night one-of-a-kind backpacking adventure on the Natchaug & Nipmuck Trails to celebrate National Trails Day/CT Trails Weekend! This 20.5 mile out-and-back trip will offer a deeper connection to ourselves, nature, each other and the communities through which we travel. Highlights include: dense forests, water views, a unique camp, a 400+ year old footpath and more.
This trip will include educational segments on skills, but our primary objective will be an exciting adventure. It is open to all though you will most likely find it suitable if you are:
– Beginner backpacker who has a high level of fitness
– Intermediate backpacker who wants to improve skills and modernize gear
– Advanced backpacker wanting to hone in on specifics and have an adventure in the mountains
Other considerations for this trip:
– You should enjoy hiking at a relatively fast pace and enjoy more time on the trail than at camp
– You look forward to climbing and descending peaks, passes and ridgelines
– You are comfortable carrying a 20+ lb pack for 11 miles a day
Group size is 5. RSVP is required. Registration closes on May 6, 2023. Waiver/Assumption of Risk documents are required before participation and can be signed electronically or in person the day of this trip. This event will be held rain or shine.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me: Mat, firstname.lastname@example.org
– 5 Star backpacking guiding and instruction
– Permit and/or campsite permit (reservations)
What’s Not Included:
– Group gear rental including headlamps, cookset, fuel, first-aid supplies, gear repair kit, bear bag, etc.
– Demo gear rental including shelters, stoves, sleeping bags, sleeping pads and water treatment
– Personal gear and supplies
– Meals, snacks and bottled water
– Park entry fees (if required)
For additional details and to RSVP please visit our link below.
Meeting Location Details
Meeting location provided upon registration confirmation.
CFPA Blue-Blazed Hiking Trail
Great Park Pursuit Event
No Dogs Permitted